The Facts of Life...and More
Sexuality and Intimacy for People with Intellectual Disabilities
Edited by Leslie Walker-Hirsch, M.Ed., FAAMR
Making good decisions about sexuality is a critical part of adulthood, but sometimes people with intellectual disabilities don't get the support or education they need to navigate this complex aspect of life.
Professionals will change that with this urgently needed book, which gives social workers, teachers, and direct support professionals the comprehensive information they need to educate people with disabilities about sexuality and help them make the best possible choices across the lifespan.
Blending in-depth examination of legal and clinical issues with sensitive discussion of the emotional side of sexuality, expert contributors from diverse fields help readers
- deliver meaningful, individualized, and culturally sensitive sexuality education
- understand parents' perspectives—and help them provide appropriate information and support to their child throughout life
- assist people with disabilities in managing risks associated with sexual activity
- use behavior interventions to encourage appropriate sexual expression
- help people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender validate their feelings and counter negative messages
- address issues related to medical care and intervention for people with disabilities
$29.95 plus shipping and handling
Back To Top
Back To Home